Continuous integration is a DevOps and Agile best practice for developers to easily collaborate in a shared codebase quickly. Without continuous integration, the developer may find the process of coordinating code updates difficult and they need to invest a lot of time. To make the process simpler, there are several ways to tackle the complex procedures without uncertainties and for timely delivery. So if you’re using CI tools for software development, it makes it easier for you to streamline the development process.
Technology is evolving at a rapid pace and businesses have no choice but to keep up and be technologically wise. To keep up with the increasing demand for modern technologies, not only do human resources ought to be rigged with the coincident consequences of this enterprise but there is also a dire necessity for standardized procedures to deliver top-class results.
As we all know, currently there are numerous Continuous Integration tools available in the market, so it becomes quite a challenging and time-consuming task to select one of the best tools for your project. Therefore, in this post, we’re going to list the top 7 CI tools with popular features and download links. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Top 7 Continuous Integration Tools in 2022
Jenkins allows you to develop and test your product continuously. As an open-source integration tool, it is one of the most widely used tools in the market that supports DevOps and various cloud-native tools. It is entirely written in Java programming language that facilitates real-time testing and resolves defects in their codebase quickly. Not only this, but it also enables reporting on isolated changes in an enormous codebase and finding codebase-related issues in the least time to automate testing of their builds.
- You can easily set up Jenkins using its web interface.
- As a repeatable build job, pipeline, or script, it contains post-build actions that allow you to create your project with any build system rather than using another software build.
- Jenkins supports numerous nodes and allocates the workload equally.
- The installation process is easy as Jenkins comes with a WAR file that you’re required to drop into your JEE container and you are all set to run.
- It can easily allocate work across various machines.
- You can easily update the OS versions whereas it is Mac, Linux, or Windows.
Download link: https://jenkins.io/download/
Codeship is another powerful continuous integration tool acquired by Cloudbees. It automates the development and deployment workflow which makes it more reliable for deployment and code is automatically tested. It triggers automated workflow and allows developers to move to the repository. This CI tool is simple, efficient, and offers continuous deployment from BitBucket and GitHub.
- It supports the CD design and continuous integration workflows.
- It has fully supportive management when we consider compatibility with various technologies, deployment, and languages.
- Centralized dashboards and efficient team management.
- Fast and strong developer support.
- If you’re a newbie, you can still find it easy while using.
- You can easily access debug builds right from the CI environment.
- Codeship comes in two versions: Pro and Basic.
- Support third-party tools also.
Download link: https://codeship.com/
#3. AWS CodePipeline
AWS is one of the most widely used tools that developers prefer to use as its dominant cloud infrastructure providers are growing in the market. They offer tools and services for all types of infrastructure and tasks related to code development. It is a great tool when it comes to interface with other existing AWS tools and offer a seamless AWS experience.
- It is fully cloud-based.
- You can easily extend to acclimate to specific requirements.
- Codepipeline is incorporated with AWS.
- Provides custom plugin support.
- It can rapidly release the latest features and automate the release process.
- Robust access control
Download link: https://aws.amazon.com/codepipeline/
Buddy is a simple yet smart continuous integration tool widely used and most preferred tool by developers. It allows web developers to lower the entry threshold to DevOps. This CI/CD tool uses delivery pipelines to develop, test, and deploy software applications. The pipelines are created using more than 100 off-the-shelf actions that are organized in any way – just like you make a home of bricks.
- It helps to ship, create, and deploy as an inbuilt stack feature.
- Supports all popular task managers, languages, and web development frameworks.
- You can set up, deploy, and launch containers easily.
- It allows you for continuous deployment on any hosting and cloud service provider.
- It is integrated with Microsoft Azure, AWS, Shopify. Google, WordPress, and much more.
Download link: https://buddy.works/
#5. GitLab CI
As the name suggests, GitLab CI is created by GitLab. It is a complete code management platform with an API that stores its state in a database and has various mini tools each performing a separate set of functions for the complete SDLC. GitLab is one of the most popular and widely used CL/CD tools that manage the entire project and provide a friendly user interface. Despite this, it also offers the benefits of all the features of GitLab such as analysis on the code views, CI/CD in a single web-based, and bug management.
- GitLab allows you to keep your sensitive information confidential where nobody is allowed to access it.
- You can create deeper integrations with the product using the features offered by GitLab CI.
- It is one of the most secure registries for Docker images.
- It allows developers to put their idea into production and promote the inner sourcing of internal repositories.
Download link: https://about.gitlab.com/installation/
- It supports Docker
- It allows you to integrate seamlessly with Github
- You can add hooks while executing arbitrary build actions
- Using Strider, developers can easily create and later modify user interfaces depending on the user requirements
- Striders can be integrated with various projects such as Gitlab, Github, BitBucket, etc.
Download link: https://github.com/Strider-CD/strider
CircleCI is a Continuous Integration Tool that is incorporated with Github. It is one of the most widely used, leading, and popular cloud hosting tools used by web developers. As a flexible CI tool, it supports a matrix of version control systems, delivery mechanisms, and container systems which can be hosted on-premise or used through a cloud offering.
- It is integrated with VCS tools.
- You can select Build Environment according to your requirement
- Developers can easily debug using local builds and SSH
- It helps you to improve iOS and Android ratings by delivering error-free applications.
- Notification stimuli from CI events
Download link: https://circleci.com/
Choosing a reliable and modern continuous integration tool is important to enabling a high-performance engineering team. The tools that we discussed in this post offer the best features to build and deploy various aspects of the projects. The market has numerous widespread CI tool offerings, and choosing one of the best tools is a challenging task for many developers.
Continuous Integration, delivery, and deployment are essential and complex systems in Software theory. You need to invest a good amount of time in choosing a great tool that needs to be handled with care to fetch great results. As the CI-CD continues to expand and grow, it leaves the developers with more chances to analyze creating the best versions of such tools.
We hope you find this post helpful. It would be great if you help us in reaching more audiences by sharing our posts on Facebook and Twitter.