Technology is everyone in every part of our culture. It impacts how we work, live, play and learn, so it only makes sense that schools use modern technology in the classroom. But implementing the best and latest technology in the classroom can be difficult since schools are on the fence about certain mobile devices like phones and tablets and many schools don’t have WiFi networks that are able to properly support mobile device technology. Here are some of the biggest benefits for students of classrooms that incorporate modern technology:
- Technology prepares students for future careers. Mobile devices and the applications that they support, when used correctly, can help prepare students for their future careers and jobs.
- Technology can help students of all learning styles. Incorporating modern technology into the classroom is an excellent and effective way to connect with students of all learning styles. Whether students learn better with visual, audio, or hands-on learning, there are apps out there that can help them learn.
- Technology encourages collaboration among students. Technology gives students the opportunity to interact better and more closely with their peers, classmates, and teachers by encouraging collaboration.
- Technology helps students with their digital citizenship skills. Using modern technology in the classroom also helps teachers and other administrators and faculty members the chance to help students develop their digital citizenship skills. Most students know how to use their mobile devices, but it is important to teach students how to use their mobile devices correctly and responsibly.
- Technology helps engage students. Using modern technology in a learning environment can help students stay engaged. Most modern students have been using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets their entire lives to play and learn, so it is helpful and important to incorporate the way that students want and are used to learning into the school learning environment.
- Incorporating new technology can enhance the learning experience. Combining a traditional classroom structure and instruction with cool and interesting new technology like virtual reality (VR) can help enhance the learning experience for students and create new opportunities for them to learn and grow.
- Technology offers up to date information for students. While traditional physical textbooks might be outdated, incorporating modern mobile technology into the classroom ensures that students are able to access the most up to date information more quickly and easily than ever before.
- Technology helps replace the traditional passive learning model. It is clear to anyone paying attention that the traditional passive learning model is broken. With modern mobile technology in the classroom, teachers are able to become coaches, advisers and encouragers, while students are more engaged and active in their learning.
- Technology helps students become more responsible for human beings. Incorporating modern technology into the classroom environment is a wonderful way to help students become more responsible. When students own their own devices or borrow the school’s mobile devices, they have the chance to improve their decision-making skills and take ownership of valuable, expensive devices. Keep in mind that it is super important to combine this with proper digital citizenship training.
- Technology helps transform the learning experience. Technology helps transform the learning experience for students, since students have access to a huge number of new opportunities, from learning how to code to learning how to better interact and collaborate with their peers and teachers. Technology helps students become more creative and connected, and new technologies like VR have supercharged how students and others learn in today’s age.
How to support technology in the classroom
One of the biggest mistakes that top schools in Dubai make when incorporating mobile technology into their classrooms is not ensuring that their network infrastructure is up to date and sufficient enough to support end-users. There are many cases where schools buy and deploy new tablets or laptops, only to find that the devices don’t work, because their WiFi network does not support the devices. It is super important to ensure that devices work correctly the first time if schools are going to spend a lot of money on new devices.
We recommend making sure that your WiFi system always aligns with the devices connecting to it. Technical resources are often difficult to find and very expensive, and user expectations are higher than ever. Everything is constantly changing, including devices, applications, device numbers, number users, physical environments and how we use WiFi.
Using WiFi as a Service allows schools to support any technology plan they want to implement. WiFi as a Service also provides a number of different benefits, including affordable monthly payments, scalability to grow with their needs up or down, guarantees that schools always have the latest system in place, and enables them to prioritize the budget towards other important projects. WiFi as a Service also enables schools to budget over time what they need to deliver the best service to students, staff and guests.
ALSO READ: How to Enrol Your Child for School in UAE