Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (C.C.O.M.) started working in the year 1900. It was the 4th Osteopathic Medical School, which was established in the U.S.A. Hence it started working as a non-profitable school where physicians get the required training. All through the decision made by the Board of Trustee, in the year 1991, it was expanded as Chicago College as followed by the College of Health Sciences, as well as the College of Dental Medicine, and later on the Optometry Program.
List of C.C.O.M. Midwestern Awards & Accolades
Scientist Magazine hence named this University to be the 6th best academic or the noncommercial research institution in the nation right into its “Best Places to Work in Academia” rankings.
Midwestern University’s Glendale Campus, as well as Clinics, earned the Western Maricopa Coalition (WESTMARC) Quality of Life Enhancement in the Education Award as being the Best of the West Awards. Besides, it even received the prestigious Economic Engine Award from WESTMARC.
Midwestern University Multispecialty Clinic in Downers Grove received the best Business Excellence Award for the Large Businesses. It was also awarded the Business of the Year Award from the sector of Chamber630 organization.
Glendale Campus was recognized to be the Valley of the Sun’s Healthiest Employers (Midsize Firms) by the side of Phoenix Business Journal.
List of Important C.C.O.M. Midwestern Accreditations
Some of the major accreditations which this college gained are:
- The Higher Learning Commission
- C.C.O.M. Midwestern Degrees & Programs
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.)
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.)
- Master of Medical Sciences in Physician Assistant Studies (M.M.S.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.)
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (D.N.A.P.)
- Master of Nurse Anesthesia (M.S.)
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (O.T.D.)
- Master of Occupational Therapy (M.O.T.)
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Cardiovascular Science (M.S.)
- Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences (M.A.)
- Master of Biomedical Sciences (M.B.S.)
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
- Major Academic Departments of C.C.O.M. Midwestern
- Department of Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy/Embryology
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Psychiatry Rotation
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- Department of Clinical Integration
- Directed Study
- Health Care Communications I
- Foundations in Osteopathic Medicine
- Behavioral Health Assessment
- Patient Symptom Presentations
- Physical Exam Skills
- Mental Illness and Treatments
- Clinical Symptom Integration (C.S.I.)
- Simulated Patient Care
- Clinical Skills Assessment I
- Clinical Skills Assessment II
- Integrated Clinical Activities (I.C.A.)
- Elective Clinical Clerkship
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Family Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Surgery
What are the common Requirements for C.C.O.M. Midwestern?
Now let’s talk about the major requirements which need to be followed in Chicago College of osteopathic medicine Secondaries:
Applicants should acquire at least a minimum of C grade in all of the previously studied courses.
To stay competitive concerning the rest of the candidates, the candidate should have the minimum score of their C.G.P.A. to be 3.00 on a scale of 4.00.
For the supplementary application, the candidate should be acquiring a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00.
They should be acquiring a degree of bachelor’s from an accredited college or University.
Candidates should appear in the MCAT, and their MCAT score should not be more than three years old.
The application must fulfill all the requirements mentioned in the A.M.C.A.S. and secondary application.
Along with the application form, the applicant should provide at least two recommendation letters where one letter should be either a premedical advisory committee or the pre-health advisor or basic science professor who has taught you previously.
How are Dr. Najeeb Medical Videos Helpful for Students?
We all know that the medical field and subject course is one of the toughest subjects existing today in the educational world. It is important to cross yourself through a series of medical tests to be part of the medical field, without which any medical college or university will give you admission.
If you are stuck at one point, and you are not able to understand any medical topic, then don’t forget to take help from Dr. Najeeb medical videos and tutorials.
Dr. Najeeb is working as a helpful hand for all the students who are seeking to make their way inside the field of medicine and science. He has established with his website where he has delivered around 800 video lectures on different topics, including histology, gross anatomy, genetics, biochemistry, embryology, pathology, pharmacology, and so many more.
You can also get a lifetime subscription to all his latest video lectures by signing directly into his website.
No, you might be asking why you should choose Dr. Najeeb when so many more qualified online tutoring websites are available! Well, the just quality of Dr. Najeeb is that he is known for giving his lectures a feel of interest and makes it look catchier with some humor and instant communication with the readers. He makes the use of certain important terms on a repetitive basis and adds some hand-drawn illustrations for the reader’s interest. Over the last 32 years, he has been working for the medical students and these long years of experience are fully evident in the way he creates his videos.