SAP Material Management, also known as SAP MM, is a logistic module that aids in the management of procurement procedures and provides assistance for all facets of material management. Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Distribution, Project Systems, and Warehouse Management are among the modules used.The SAP MM Online Training focuses on successful inventory and materials control. SAP MM streamlines the sourcing process and assists with seamless inventory handling functions, allowing the company to run more effectively and efficiently. It is the method of maintaining an organization’s capital and materials with the aim of increasing efficiency while lowering costs.
This emphasizes the significance of SAP Material Management to every production or product-handling firm.
Sub Modules of SAP MM:
SAP MM is a critical feature of the SAP Logistics module since it is closely interconnected with all of its modules. The SAP MM module’s main components are as follows:
- Material Planning
- Vendor Valuation
- Invoice Verification
- Information System
- Inventory Management
- Statutory Requirements
Role of SAP MM in Business Process:
The SAP Material Management scheme is abbreviated as SAP MM. The following are the roles of SAP MM in a market process:
- In SAP, a market method is referred to as a “module.”
- SAP MM is a component of the logistics functions and aids in the management of an organization’s acquisition operations.
- It aids in the handling of all types of materials (planning, control, etc.).
- Production planning, sales and distribution, project systems, plant maintenance, and warehouse management are all components that makeup logistics’ backbone.
Features of SAP MM Module:
- SAP Resource Management (SAP MM) is an SAP module that deals with material and inventory management.
- Material management as a method means that there are no shortages of supplies or delays in the organization’s supply chain process. SAP MM streamlines sourcing and inventory handling processes, ensuring that the company runs smoothly and efficiently.
- It is concerned with the management of an organization’s goods (products and/or services) and personnel with the goal of increasing production and lowering costs. Simultaneously, SAP MM is adaptable enough to tolerate regular shifts in any market setting.
- The Procurement Process, Inventory Management, Master Data (Material & Vendor Master), Material Account Determination & Valuation, Material Requirement Planning, Invoice Verification, and other topics are included.
A professional consultant with extensive knowledge and expertise in various aspects of SAP MM is needed for a successful SAP MM. Certified SAP MM consultants play a critical role in the efficient operation of a company, and as a result, they have become a lucrative career option in recent years. If you are an SAP specialist interested in a position as an MM consultant, you should be mindful of the job’s duties and obligations.
Roles of SAP MM Consultant:
A consultant has a variety of responsibilities, ranging from project management to assist. The following are the duties and functions of an SAP consultant:
- Creating a content management organization system and associated configurations such as valuation area plants, purchasing organization, warehouse arrangement, storage site, and so on
- The commodity and buying parties, payment rates, pricing procedures, and Incoterms are all being finalized
- The access series and state form are used to define pricing procedures
- Getting both procurement and product records in order, as well as finalizing and validating number ranges for vendor master and material master
- Configure the purchasing document release process for purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Making internal and paper testing plans
- Negotiating with suppliers to have the best product at the best price, ensuring the best buy
- Vendor development to provide alternative raw material sources
- To plan the Material Management object’s cut-over policy
- Creating a user manual and providing training to different business process owners
Growth in Salary:
SAP MM Trainee Consultants or SAP MM Associates with the required qualifications are paid well. It is the most important logistics field, encompassing Production Planning, Warehouse Operations, and Sales and Delivery Modules. You can advance your career by upgrading to SAP MM/WM or EWM. SAP MM consultants are in high demand all over the world. That being said, meeting the current expectations would necessitate a significant effort and devotion.
While training and certification are rarely listed in work advertisements, they will help you build your value. IT professionals with a degree and expertise in the SAP platform are highly respected since it is the most sought-after certification. Expertise is earned by years of training. It is a complex qualification certificate that requires extensive training and preparation. For this purpose, refer to the SAP MM Training Institute in Noida and mark your value in the organizational world.
In the United States, SAP MM holders earn about $115,538 a year, and the experience will help you improve your pay estimates.