In the past, most of us watched series on TV and if we wanted to see the latest movies we had to go to the cinema. But, like many other things, this too changed with the progress of technology. The invention of the Internet allowed us to have access to different content. Hence, we have various streaming platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, etc., which enable us to watch whatever we want from the comfort of our homes. But what happens when you are super busy, and you want to have a personal collection of your favorite movies or series? Or when you want to download some films forever and watch them later? We know that the streaming platforms don’t keep the content forever in their database.
Back in the day, we could download whatever we wanted whenever we wanted, right? Even if this is not the case anymore, not everything is lost. Have you heard of the Kodi app? It is the app that allows you to create your digital base.
However, it is essential to know that the Kodi app relies on the existing media. It means that even if you are using this app, you still need to subscribe to streaming platforms. So what is the point of Kodi then? Well, its utility is in the support it provides for different file types and compatibility for different devices.
Now, if you are already using Kodi, you may have encountered errors related to the direct authorization method. It may freak you out, and you may think you did something wrong! Don’t worry, these are common errors, and fixing them is not hard. In this text, we will talk about the reasons they appear and how to solve them.
What Is Kodi App
But, before talking about errors, we have to understand what the Kodi app is. So, as we mentioned, it is open-source, free software. It can work on any device from your Android phone to the PC and Parenthood Routine also uses it. Although you may be unfamiliar with it under this name, you might have heard about it under its old name Xbox Media Player or XBMP. More people knew it as Xbox Media Center or XBMC. It was rebranded as Kodi in 2014, which enabled it to function as an independent multifaceted media center. Once you install it on your devices, Kodi can draw everything from one device and play it on another. It can also stream and record TV programs. The apps you install on your phone enable you to use it as a remote control.
Video. Me and Vid. up Pair
We are not sure about you, but whenever we see words like this, we freak out. It sounds to us like some kind of coding language that we cannot understand. So when errors appear, we feel intimidated. But in reality, the video. my server and vidup. me are simply streaming servers of Kodi. Like, if you are using Kodi, you notice that there are add -ons. Third-party addons are precisely the reason why you can watch movies, etc., using Kodi. But what happens is that sometimes the devices don’t connect, and you receive these pair Kodi Error messages.
Why are these mistakes happening? Well, as we said, the video. me and vidup.me are stream authorization errors. The thing is that these are all illegal websites, and they need to be paired with your IP address to work. Pairing allows them to limit and filter the services. It also prevents leaking of bandwidth so they can keep charging for services they provide. The appearance of these messages means that you need to pair your devices. At this point, you may wonder is a vidup.me safe? And, what about the video. me? Well, there isn’t a straightforward answer here. They are the best streaming servers of Kodi and enable you to watch whatever you want. But, if you are looking for the safest add ons, they are not the ones you should use.
How to Fix Vidup.me Stream Authorization Error
The message popped up! So what can you do? Well, the easiest thing to do is to authorize the server to connect with your IP address. Here is how to do it.
- Search for vidup.me links in the search bar.
- When you find your IP address, click on Activate streaming
- Once you pair your address, you will get a message that shows your IP address has been put on the white list.
- Enjoy streaming.
How to Fix Video.me Stream Authorization Error
- Similar to the previous situation, now do the video.me search in the browser.
- When you see your IP address click on Activate streaming.
- After the Kodi app is paired, you will get a message that you are on the white list for four hours,
- Now you can stream with your Kodi Exodus.
Kodi Authorization Process
Asking for direct Kodi authorization is the simplest way to solve the problem. Basically, Kodi, asks for authorization to use the content from the website provider. Here is how to do it.
- Type the URL of the error you see in the pop-up window.
- When you open the page you will see the option to “activate streaming”. Click on it.
- The IP addressed will get processed and “Happy Streaming, IP address is authenticated for four hours” will appear on the screen.
- If this message doesn’t appear, you will probably have to complete the CAPTCHA before getting authorization to stream.
- If you want to stream longer than four hours you will have to repeat the process.
Disable Kodi Hosters with CAPTCHA
- Open setting in add – ons
- Find Hosters with the CAPTCHA in the playback tab and disable them.
- After that, you want to be asked for human verification. However, you will have to repeat the process each time you want to stream content.
Use URL Resolver
If previous examples don’t work or you don’t want to solve the problem that way, you can configure the URL resolver. It is also a faster method.
- Open the Kodi app and go to system settings.
- Change from Standard mode to Expert mode.
- Choose Dependencies management
- Opt for Resolve URL from the list.
- Click configure
- Choose a resolver and click enable.
- Choose Add – ons from the Kodi navigation bar.
- Choose the adequate tool.
- Click on Settings: Provider.
- Find Captcha hoster and turn it off.
- Click OK.
That is all for today, guys! Know you know what these Kodi app server errors mean and how to fix them. Remember, vidup.me and the video.me are indeed excellent servers and provide you with access to all the movies and music you can imagine. But, as we mentioned, they always need to be paired with your IP address if you want to use them securely. Have you used the Kodi app so far? What are your experiences?