Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to your router? Worry not! We have got you covered. This post will provide you a few Netgear extender troubleshooting steps to fix the “Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to your router” issue instantly. Let’s get started.
For performing Netgear extender setup process for your home WiFi network, it is must to that both the devices are connected properly with each other. Many users around the globe experience flaws while connecting their Netgear range extender to the WiFi router. If you are also one of those who are facing the same issue, then have a look at the Netgear extender troubleshooting tactics given below to get rid of the issue. Read on.
Reasons behind Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to the Router
Thinking about why my Netgear WiFi range extender not connecting to the router? Think no more! Given below are the reasons that cause the issue. Move on!
1. The Netgear range extender is blinking orange (amber), blue, or red color.
2. Improper or partial setup of your home WiFi router as well as Netgear range extender.
3. No internet connectivity.
4. Loose wired connections.
5. Partial or improper extender reset and reconfiguration.
6. Improper placement.
So, these were the main reasons behind Netgear extender not connecting to the router issue. Now, let’s provide you some troubleshooting tips on how to fix the issue.
Troubleshooting: Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to the Router Issue
Your Extender and the router
Prior to going with any advanced troubleshooting tips, confirm the following points:
1. Is your Netgear extender and the router receiving continuous power supply? Verify it!
2. Are the LEDs on your device stable? Cross-check them!
3. Netgear extender and the router are placed in the reach of each other? If not, do it so. This process is crucial for setting up the Netgear extender via mywifiext web address.
4. Is your router and Netgear extender firmware up-to-date? In case not, check for the available updates by visiting your device’s official site.
5. Are your devices connected with each other? If not, connect them.
Choose Optimal Location for Netgear Extender
Wrong or improper placement of the Netgear extender also leads to the issue. While placing your extender, consider the tips given below:
1. Choose a central location for your Netgear extender.
2. The extender must be in the reach of your router.
3. The device must be away from interference-creating devices.
4. Consider placing your extender away from metal appliances.
5. Reflexive surfaces can also hinder the WiFi signals coming from your range extender. So, keep your extender away from such things.
Power-Cycle Your Range Extender
To power-cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender, take the below-given steps into consideration:
1. Unplug your Netgear extender from the wall socket.
2. Wait for some time.
3. Plug the device back in and turn on your extender.
4. Set up Netgear extender by visiting mywifiext login portal.
Note: If this troubleshooting tip doesn’t work for you, try to reboot your modem and router also.
Check the Wired Ethernet Connections
If there is a loose or improper connection made between your Netgear range extender and the WiFi router, chances are you might encounter the issue. To fix it, follow the steps given below:
- Consider using a well-maintained Ethernet cable to make a connection between your Netgear extender and the router.
- Check if the connection you have made is stable or not.
- If your Ethernet cable is in a weird position, replace it. Impossible to replace the cable? Worry not! Make a WiFi connection. Simply connect your router to the extender’s WiFi network.
- While connecting to the router, if your Netgear WiFi range extender needs web browser login, then make sure that the web browser you are using to access the mywifiext.net login page is running the latest and updated version.
If all the connections you have made are proper and still you are encountering the same issue, try resetting your Netgear extender back to the default factory settings.
If you are not a tech-savvy, then you are advised to not initiate the Netgear extender reset process. For this, we strictly recommend – take help from our expert technicians. They will not only help you in resetting your device but also fix the issue you are facing with your Netgear WiFi range extender.