Even amid the pandemic situation, the on-demand industry is buzzing. While traditional businesses are succumbing to the decline in sales, the on-demand industry has risen to the occasion. The flexibility that this industry offers is one of the main reasons for its sustainability. Among various services like taxi, delivery, etc., home services is one market that is growing exponentially. With an estimated CAGR of almost 49% by 2021 (according to the New York Times), the market forecasts $600 billion in revenue.
Home service apps like Housejoy, Taskrabbit, Urban Company, etc., have set a benchmark among the audience, enabling them to book a wide range of services, including vehicle maintenance, plumbing, electrical appliances, etc. If you are an entrepreneur aiming to join this elite class of home service apps, you need to get every metric of a successful app right. This blog discusses how an entrepreneur can assure their success chances by initiating their Housejoy clone app development.
What makes a home services app successful?
Success, on any given day, depends on customers. Some characteristics that make a home services app successful include,
- Customer satisfaction: Gaining the highest customer satisfaction is vital to boost your chances of success. A happy customer can refer your app to their friends/relatives, helping you expand your customer base. Besides, with every on-demand app working on the supply-demand principle, you cannot run a successful platform without highly demanding customers.
- Quality in services: Quality of professionals and customer satisfaction go hand-in-hand. The last thing a customer can expect from your platform is hiring service professionals of sub-standard quality. Verifying service providers for their quality before enabling them to provide customer services can help you maintain service quality.
- Unparalleled app experience: No customer expects a home service app with bugs and glitches. A feature-loaded app, coupled with a seamless workflow, enabling uninterrupted app experience, is the best platform to introduce into the market. Besides, ensure your app design is simple and minimalistic, guiding users towards services. The enriched app experience is one metric that distinctively separates a successful app from others.
- Privacy and security of personal information: In this modern era, privacy is equally important to customers. Having a robust back-end with encrypted servers and databases is critical to ensure the safety of personal information. Besides, restricted access to selective admins regarding user details can pave the way for enhanced security.
What are the different types of business models?
Business models set the tone as to how your home services app must conduct business. There are two popular business models. They include,
- Supplier-pick model: In this model, customers choose the type of service, and the algorithm picks the available service providers at random. There are chances of customer convenience getting hampered in this model because they do not have the final say in deciding the service professionals.
- Buyer-pick model: In this model, it is the customers who choose everything, right from the type of service to selecting the service professionals. Customer convenience is the maximum in this model. Most home service apps are based on this type.
What are the unique elements worth-considering?
Uniqueness is pivotal in steering the app towards your target audience. It is pointless to replicate the Housejoy app and expect your platform to succeed. When speaking about uniqueness, most entrepreneurs prefer stand-apart features to create instant visual appeal among the audience. Some of the cutting-edge features include,
- Advanced filter options: Customers expect the best of professionals to provide services. While searching for services and providers, ensure that your users can sort providers based on numerous filter options like years of experience, customer ratings, pricing, etc.
- In-app chat/call: Establishing streamlined communication flow can enable both customers and service professionals to contact one another to discuss services required, the exact location, etc. This way, customers needn’t reach out to the support team every time during queries.
- In-app wallet: Providing multiple payment methods has become quite common in apps nowadays. Besides integrating payment gateways for credit/debit cards, net banking, etc., integrating an e-wallet can come in handy. This way, customers can pay for home services effortlessly with the e-wallet.
- Multi-lingual support: Language shouldn’t be a barrier in restricting your users from availing services. By enabling a multi-lingual support system in your platform, local audiences get to experience the app in the language of their choice. As a result, you can establish a global presence for your home service app.
Why prefer clone app development solutions?
In this fast-paced world, entrepreneurs needn’t take the burden of developing the app from the ground. An on-demand home services app developed from scratch takes a minimum of 3-5 months and a hefty budget. Budding entrepreneurs cannot invest such a massive sum. Clone apps provide an instant, reliable, and cost-effective way to launch the app into the market. Some of the enticing advantages of availing clone app solutions include,
- Ready for launch solutions: Entrepreneurs can customize the app and launch it right away.
- Incredibly pocket-friendly: While it takes a 5-digit or 6-digit capital amount to initiate app development from scratch, clone apps can be launched with a 4-digit amount effortlessly.
- Customizable and branding: Clone apps come with 100% customizations and branding elements based on an entrepreneur’s needs.
- Time-conserving: Entrepreneurs witnessing a demand in the market can capitalize instantly by rolling out clone apps. They needn’t wait 3-5 months for app development.
Thus from every aspect, launching an on-demand Housejoy clone app seems to be an efficient and reliable way of venturing into the flourishing market.
While launching a home services app is easy, making it successful lies in the hands of expert entrepreneurs. Choosing the right business model and implementing the perfect blend of unique and vital aspects can enable a home service app like Housejoy to stay ahead of its rivals. By ensuring that the app sails past every metric or characteristic mentioned above, you can assure your chances of success with a highly-reliable home services app.