Unexpected errors are very common and can occur at any time. The biggest problem with them is that they cannot be resolved easily. They need you to have assistance to solve McAfee’s common errors.
McAfee protects your device and enables you to do safe browsing and has many other benefits. Before beginning the installation process, it is better to learn about the errors and their solution.
Also, learn about the reason so that you don’t face it again. Keep yourself updated with the latest errors and their solutions because Internet security is very important to save yourself.
McAfee’s common errors Codes and their solutions
Error code: 0
Reason for the error- there are five reasons for this error:
- Incomplete installation
- Corrupted downloading
- Incorrect windows registry
- Improper network connection
- Browser setting
It always crashes and strikes the running program, and ultimately the speed of the windows reduces. In addition to it, the speed of the mouse and keyboard also slows down.
Steps to resolve:
- Start the system again
The initial step is to start the system again and if the error persists, then move to the next step.
- Start running the pre-installed product.
Many times, due to some reason, the product cannot be installed, so it is better to try it again. Mostly in the second time, the product is installed successfully.
Download the software again, and you will receive a warning related to it. Confirm the changes and begin the installation process. Finally, click ok, and move further.
Start the computer again and click on the reinstalled software to begin the installation process. Once you are done with the installation, start your computer again.
- Malware-related problem
The last cause for the error could be its relation with the infection or malware. As we all know that such threats affect the files and folders so the error could be an indication of this corruption.
So you need to remove the infection or malware and then deal with this error.
McAfee’s common errors code: 34
Reason for the error- if you go as per the response of the professional team of McAfee, this error occurs when a program is running during the installation process.
It is not easy to keep track of when and where the error has occurred. Here are the steps to use for resolving the error:
- Clean all the registry entries that are related to the error.
- The next step is to run the scanning to get rid of the error.
- Use the disk clean-up software to remove all the junk files and folders from the system.
- Do not forget to update the driver of the device.
- Use window system restore mode to undo the changes in the system.
- Find the antivirus that is linked to the error and either reinstall or uninstall it.
- Now, use Window System’s File checker.
- Update the system by installing the updates.
- The last step is to make sure that you do a clean installation of the windows system and able to resolve McAfee’s common errors.
Error code: 16002
Reason for the error- the error occurs once you restart the system and occurs in the Windows Defender security center.
Under this error, the installation wizard detects the problem in the automatic movement of more than one McAfee product. The following steps will help to solve the error:
- Before running the installation wizard, make sure you have the administrator rights.
- Log in with the details as an administrator.
- Now launch the wizard.
- First of all, uninstall the product and try again to install it.
Error code 16007
Reason for the error– the error occurs when the installation wizard is unable to remove the earlier version of the product or a legacy product.
For solving the error, follow the following steps:
- Before you install the endpoint security, remove the beta version of the product.
- Another thing that you need to remove is either virus scan enterprise or site adviser enterprise.
- It’s time to install the endpoint security.
- You need to move to this step if the error is still there. When nothing works contact the technical support and follow their guidance.
Error code 16502 & 17001
Reason for the error- if you see a message “Policy import Failed”, then the reason is this error. Follow the steps:
- Do the installation of endpoint security of the wizard.
- If there is a problem during the process, then you can’t import the policy.
- Do not forget to select the proper data.
- The last step is similar to the previous error.
Error code 17002 & 17003
Reason for the error- in error 17002 the installation is failed and in 17003 rollback gets failed. The steps are the same to resolve both:
- If the endpoint security or the rollback changes are not installed by the installation wizard, then check the installation log.
- If things do not work out, then contact the technical team.
Error code: 16015, 16016, and 16017
Reason for the error- these errors indicate the need to restart the system. Do not worry and follow the following steps:
- Many times, the installation wizard needs you to start the system again, so do it first.
- Remove the previous version of the installation.
- Continue the process by restarting the system.
Conclusion of McAfee’s common errors
All these mentioned errors are very common, and the solution to them has been mentioned and how to deal with McAfee’s common errors. Follow the above steps and if you don’t find any change, then contact the technical team.