These days the usage of technology has been increased in the banking sector. For everything banking, we rely on technology. Banks need customers and they are trying everything to get more customers in their bank. As we rely more and more on the latest technology we are getting lazier.
And people don’t want to go to the branch of the bank to open their bank account.
Then how can the bank attract all the potential customers? When they are not willing to come to the branch of the bank?
Again the technology is helping the banks with this issue.
Every bank has an official website. The customers just need to go to the official website of the bank and use the online account opening portal.
Just fill in the details, you will get a verification code on your mobile number and the email address entered. Enter that verification code on the website and boom!
You have just opened a new bank account. (after successful verification of your identity and address details)
It is so simple to open a new bank account, isn’t it?
Yes, it is.
Just Like this Can You Close your Bank Account Online?
The answer is Yes, but there is one condition to close the bank account online.
What is that?
The obvious condition is your bank has the provision for the customer to close their bank account online. There are many banks that allow customers to close it online.
But still, we have a long way to come.
There are many banks that do not allow customers to close the bank account online. But I am pretty sure that even those banks will join the club by providing this feature.
How to Check if My Bank Allows me to Close Account Online?
It is very simple to check it, you just have to go to the official website of your bank. Then head towards the FAQ page on the website.
You will get a search box in the FAQ page, just enter the keyword “Close Bank Account Online.”
If you find any knowledge base there then it means that your bank will allow you to close the bank account online. And if you don’t find any such article or knowledgebase then it means your bank does not allow you to close account online.
How Banks Allow to Close Account Online?
If you find any knowledge base on the FAQ section of the official website of your bank. Then congratulations!
There are some possible ways in which you can close the bank account online. I will explain all those possible ways for you. Banks like the Bank of America and TD Bank, etc. allow their customers to close the account online.
Using the Support Chat
You can use the support chat of your bank on the official website to close your bank account.
- Go to the official website of your bank.
- Open the support chat system of the bank.
- Enter your name, email address, and click on the Start Chat button.
- You will be soon connected to the Chat with the support representative of the bank.
- You have to tell them that you are wishing to close the account you have with their bank.
- They will ask you details about your bank to verify if you are the real owner of the account.
- The support executive will tell you if your account is eligible for online closure.
- If your account is eligible then the closing request will be taken.
By Sending Email
This also works just like the support chat method. In that method, you will be talking to the person in real-time to raise your request. And here you are completely writing your request and sending it to the bank.
- Find out the Customer Care Email address of your bank.
- You can get it on the contact page of your bank’s official website.
- Write an email explaining that you have a bank account with them and now you want to close it.
- You have to mention your account number, account holder’s name, and contact details.
- Send the email and you will get a reply from your bank in this regard.
You have to make sure that you are sending the email from your email address which is registered with your bank account. The banks don’t consider the request seriously if you don’t send it from an unregistered email address.
Digital Banking Chat System
This method is very similar to that of the support chat system. We can use the internal chat system which is implemented within the digital banking portal.
- Log in to your digital banking portal.
- Find the support chat system login.
- Chat with the bank and tell them that you are willing to close down the bank account.
- The chat will be real-time and you will get the response from the bank quickly in this regard.