Have you gone through the Linksys RE3000W setup process successfully but still it is not connecting to your internet? If so, we’ve got you covered! In this Linksys extender troubleshooting guide, we will make you familiar with some tips to fix the issue from the comfort of your home. Let’s take the plunge!
The post will help you in fixing the below-mentioned problems linked with your Linksys RE3000W extender.
- Extender connected but no internet
- Lost internet connection on Linksys RE3000W WiFi extender.
- Linksys extender not connecting to the internet.
- RE3000W not getting internet from the router.
- Linksys extender not getting WiFi on Windows 10, iPad, tablet, iPhone, computer, and laptop.
- RE3000W not connecting to the router.
- Linksys WiFi extender red light issue.
- RE3000W extender says connected but no internet access.
For quick troubleshooting tips for all such issues, simply follow a couple of tips outlined below.
Check Your Connections
Perhaps the WiFi connection isn’t available for your Linksys RE3000W extender. Although there is a continuous and valid internet connection being supplied from your ISP, it may not be reaching the extender. In such a case, you are supposed to check the LED activity on your Linksys RE3000W extender.
If the LED on your RE3000W is red, it means that there is no WiFi. To resolve it, follow the tips given below.
- Ensure that your Linksys extender is properly plugged in.
- Check all the connections you have made.
- Make sure that you aren’t using a faulty Ethernet cable.
Reboot your Linksys RE3000W extender, router, and the client device
Machines also need rest as similar to humans. If the machines get overworked they do not work in actual manner they does and same applies to WiFi devices. And, this might lead to slow internet or no internet issue.
- So, to make the most out of your devices, turn your devices off including router, modem, PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad, tablet, etc.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Plug them back again. Turn on your router first.
Update Linksys RE3000W Extender’s Firmware
Another reason behind the Linksys extender issues can be outdated Linksys extender firmware. If your extender is also outdated, update the firmware of your RE3000W right away. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Connect your Linksys extender to the router.
- Open a web browser on your PC, laptop, tablet, or any client device.
- Visit extender.linksys.com.
- Linksys RE3000W page displays
- Provide the default Linksys extender login credential i.e. the password into the required field.
- Click on OK.
- If a new firmware is available for your RE3000W, simply follow the on-screen instructions
Note: To prevent any issues while updating the RE3000W’s firmware, make sure that you are connected to Linksys extender setup-xxx.
Reset your Linksys WiFi range extender
In the event that the above-mentioned Linksys extender troubleshooting tips don’t work for you, opt for the reset method.
Here’s how to reset Linksys extender:
- Turn on your Linksys extender.
- Disconnect it from your client devices and the router.
- Head over to the Linksys extender Reset hole.
- Using a paper clip or pin, press the Reset button present on RE3000W for some time
- Release it when the LED on RE3000W starts blinking.
That’s it! Your Linksys extender has been reset successfully. You can reconfigure it using the default default web address.
On the off chance that the default web address extender.linksys.com not working, use the default Linksys extender IP address.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips outlined above have helped you in fixing the Linksys issues. In case you are still struggling with anyone of the issues given above, contact us via comments.