How to Install QuickBooks 2018?
If you get a problem while you install, we’re here to assist. Here’s the method to fix QuickBooks Desktop install mistakes.
Step 1: Ready for the install
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
- If you haven’t ready, download your version of QuickBooks. Save the file somewhere you’ll easily find it (like your Windows desktop).
- Have your product and registration number handy.
Need help finding product and license number?
- If you purchased QuickBooks from our website, you’ll find this info within the original purchase email.
- When you purchased it from a mercantile establishment, search for the label within the original package.
- If you’re reinstalling, you’ll find this info from your Customer Account Management Portal.
- If you lost your license or product number, we will assist you to recover them.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the file QuickBooks.exe.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Accept the software license agreement then select Next.
- Enter your Product and License numbers. Then select Next.
- Decide which install type is correct for you
- You have two options once you install QuickBooks, you’ll do the express install, or custom and network.
- We recommend an express if you’re:
- A first-time user
- Reinstalling QuickBooks.
- Going to use QuickBooks on one computer (not as a part of a network of computers).
- Select Express then Next.
- Select Install.
- When it finishes, select Open QuickBooks.
Custom and Network install
- We recommend a custom install if you’re:
- Installing QuickBooks somewhere aside from the default location (such as on a server).
- Hosting your company files on a server.
- Setting up a multi-user network.
- Select Custom and Network Options then Next.
- Select the choice that describes how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- On the subsequent screen, select Change the install location.
- Select Browse to determine where to place your QuickBooks folder. most of the people put it in their Programs folder.
- Select Next to begin the install.
- When it finishes, select Open QuickBooks.
Step 3: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After you put in it, QuickBooks will ask you to activate and update it. If you would like help, here’s the way to activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Learn how to activate or register QuickBooks Desktop after you put in it.
After you put in QuickBooks, you must activate it before you begin. QuickBooks will prompt you to activate, but you’ll also activate it manually with these steps.
To activate QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks.
- From the assistance menu, select Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the actions on the screen to confirm your info.
Intuit has announced the new and updated features for QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software. All the updated features are available on QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant 2018, and Enterprise 18.0.
The new features are as follows:
- Multi-monitor support: – Users can assign 3 connected monitors to look at multiple pages.
- Payroll liability payment reminder: – This feature is offered to people who have an Enhanced Payroll subscription. When payroll liability payments are within 7 days of their scheduled payment due date, the home page will reveal a red label on the Pay Liabilities symbol.
- Past due stamp on invoices: – Users have the choice to print “past due” on invoices, but also can turn this feature off. Users also can prefer to print the overdue notice on either emailed or printed invoice or customize it invoice to invoice.
- Merge vendor records: – This feature provides a consolidated window to spot and merge duplicate vendor records. Users can search and sort for both active and/or inactive vendors to merge duplicate records. Up to four individual vendor records are often selected, one designated because of the master record, then merged. Users can as an alternative update vendor record fields on the master record before fusion.
- Copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: – Users can now copy and paste entire transaction rows with the shortcuts Ctrl+Alt+Y and Ctrl+Alt+V. This feature runs for invoices, estimates, sales receipts, sales orders, credit memos, purchase orders, and timesheets.
- Cash/accrual toggle on reports: – Users can toggle displayed reports between cash or accounting. consistent with an Intuit blog post, this feature has been in high demand from customers.
Updated features include:
- Search chart of accounts: – there’s a new search box on the chart of accounts window which will be wont to find and choose a chart of account or sub-account by typing an account number, account name, or incomplete words of an account name. Previously, users had to scroll through the list to search out what they were searching for.
- Email security: – Users can edit email preferences now to use “enhanced security,” which can enable security for emails sent from Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, MSN, and Windows Live accounts through QuickBooks.
- Mobile inventory scanning: – Company users can select numbers at a warehouse using a barcode device or Android mobile to record inventory.
- Sales order fulfillment workflow: – Users now have access to picklist details on a mobile device that’s connected wirelessly to a QuickBooks Enterprise (QBE) file with Advanced Inventory, and real-time access to the status of sales order fulfillment in QBE. They even have the choice to print the picklists and update the picked quantity manually in QuickBooks.
- Inventory report customization: – This feature now provides customizable display options added to the subsequent inventory reports: inventory valuation summary or detail, inventory stock status by item, and assembly shortage by item.
If you continue to have issues, we recommend you reach out to an IT professional. These errors mean there is also a general issue with Windows.