The main function of the refrigerator is to make sure the food does not go bad, but very often too hygienic tools to follow up on this promise. Stains were left on shelves with cartons of milk, sauces and jams container slowly evolved into a breeding ground for fungi. That is why, knowing some very important hacks cleaning refrigerator. Meanwhile, when you’re looking for a fridge repair in Kolkata, Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and etc, contact All Electric Care!
In this post, we tell you:
- Tips for cleaning your refrigerator
- How to make sure you keep the fridge clean
Tips for cleaning your refrigerator
Empty the refrigerator
The first step to a clean refrigerator is emptying it. Turn the refrigerator; take all the food items stored in it. If there is food stored in the freezer, place them in a refrigerator or a large vessel and surround with an ice pack. Close the top of your desk (where you will store all refrigerated food items) with plastic mat table or a kitchen towel. This will prevent you from getting counter tops stained or wet (from condensation).
Soak trays and baskets
Before you set out with cleaning equipment, trays and baskets soak in hot water. Keeping them immersed for 10 minutes to soften the dirt and gravy stains.
You can use cleaning solutions available in the market or make one at home using vinegar and warm water. Take the tray out of the water and use a sponge, wipe the stain. For complex areas, such as rims or edges, you can also use a toothbrush to help clean up faster.
Use a dry cloth shelves
Instead of paper or kitchen towels, use a micro fiber cloth. After you have washed the tray, use a cloth to dry them.
Clean the refrigerator
When cleaning the refrigerator, starting with the areas adjacent to the vent, then bottle racks, trays of butter and vanity box Mini. You can use previously used cleaning fluid, or make one at home. In the latter case, a mixture of vinegar and hot water in a bowl. Dip a microfiber cloth and clean the refrigerator. Using a dry cloth, wipe the refrigerator dry. For the exterior, repeat the process.
Re-placing trays and baskets
Now that the entire refrigerator is clean, then put all the trays and food back. When finished, leave the refrigerator door open for some time to dry inside.
How to make sure you keep the fridge clean
Once the trays and baskets are in place, here is what you need to do:
- Put a plastic mat or a kitchen towel on the tray and below the box crisper. You can also use plastic wrap and even cling film. Remember to put a kitchen towel on the bottom of the rack. This will ensure that any juice from vegetables or fruits will not make a very dirty bottom. Replace this paper every week for best results.
- Wiping a trickle of water from the container before you put them back. This is to prevent any chaos and the bottle will not slip out of the hands of your children.
- Move all the rest to a glass container. This will ensure you see them and eat them instead of forgetting them in for weeks. You can also use stickers or post-its to mark the things separately.
- If you are a stickler for keeping similar things together, then buy a few trays or bins where you can put things like together. This is especially true for freezer ice on meat and fish package makes it difficult to pull them out. Keep them in a separate box will make it easier to carry them out, especially if you have a refrigerator non frost-free.
- Keep a container of activated carbon in the back of the bottom shelf. This will eliminate the smell of the refrigerator better. If you do not have the activated carbon in the house, then keep a bowl of baking soda or cut the lemon in half and put it in for 2-3 days before replacing it with one another. If you like the smell of coffee, you can also save some coffee beans in a small bowl to keep the refrigerator smelling good. And there you have it! If you feel you would rather sit back and relax, then book clean the fridge or fridge repair in Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai and etc. on All Electric Care.